Welcome to our weekly communication this second week of Advent!
Our Vision: to abide in Christ and bear fruit
Making connections and everyday faith:
In our priorities, we talk about Life-giving small groups
- A reminder at what can be a busy time: St Laurence’s is open for Silent Sitting this Tuesday and every Tuesday morning from 8 am – 9 am – a peace-filled space.
- If you would like to join in a short time of reflective prayer and worship, come to Holy Trinity, Slad each Thursday at 10 am . This is usually followed by conversation and refreshments.
Events and activities:
In our priorities, we talk about Hospitable buildings
- Whiteshill and Ruscombe Eco-Church is holding an Eco-Christmas workshop this Monday 6th at 4.00-5.30 pm in the Ruscombe chapel schoolroom – why not make some environmentally friendly Christmas gifts/decorations plus there’s an opportunity to buy fairly traded presents, join in Christmas worship and have refreshments
- This Saturday 4 December Randwick will be holding their monthly coffee morning
- Randwick church also hosts Randwick school’s Christmas bazaar on Friday 10th from 3.30-5 pm
- Furthermore, Randwick school’s Christmas concert is in the church on Tuesday morning at 9.30 am and Wednesday at 6 pm
- St Laurence’s host Stroud Valley’s School on Tuesday at 9.30 am for the Christmas story
- And the Christmas Tree Festival at St Laurence Church starts tomorrow!
Gathering together and coming alongside others:
In our priorities, we talk about Confident, creative local ministry teams
- The Advent season continues this Sunday 5th with an Advent Carol Service at Uplands at 4 pm and Cowshed among the Trees at St Laurence’s 9.30 am
- There will be Communion services on Sunday in St Matthew’s 9.30 and St. John the Baptist’s, Randwick at 11 am.
- Here are all the details of other worship gatherings this week
- Here are the readings and questions for you to use in your own devotions
- This week’s Wednesday Communion, St Laurence’s, 10.30
Serving others with our time, talents and money:
In our priorities, we talk about Cheerful giving
- Thank you to all who are giving additional time this month to make our buildings welcoming this Advent and Christmas.
May you know the love and peace of Christ this week,